Twas the night before….

 Now I’m less than 12 hours from surgery. I know that this is to benefit me. So why do I have a sense of dread about it?

Of course, the first answer is that I know - we both know - that no surgery is perfectly safe. However small the chance, it’s there. This should be about as safe as any invasive surgery, but that’s not no risk. 

The second thing is that the surgery is just the start. I will have to retrain my body to do things it learned long ago, and now will have to relearn. 

Ultimately, though, it’s because tonight these thoughts are abstract. Tomorrow they will start an IV in my arm, and that will be quite concrete.

I appreciate everyone praying for me and thinking of me. I don’t know when I’ll feel like writing again. I imagine by then I will have more to say.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I have prostate cancer....

A Reflection on Day 11: Normal

Closer and closer